Hydrographics or Hydro Graphics, also known as immersion printing, water transfer printing, water transfer imaging, cubic printing, or hydro dipping, is a method of applying printed designs to three-dimensional objects.
What is Carbon Fiber Hydro Dip?
The designs or images that you want to apply to your object is printed on the film. The carbon fiber hydro dip has a special design on it: in the form of diagonal lines. It is available in the market in the form of rolls of different colors. You just have to grab the roll that you like and the rest of the process is easy to handle.
Benefits of Carbon Fiber Hydro Dip Film
Carbon fiber hydro dip gives your object a neat carbon look which is also long-lasting. It can be effectively used for any kind of 3D surface, ranging from glass to wood, from metal to steel. In case you get bored of the design and think about changing it, then carbon fiber film can be peeled off from the object by dipping the object in aerosol for a few minutes.
As modern and innovative as these films are; they are also considered to be an economical way of giving a new aesthetic look to your favorite objects.
How to Apply Fiber Carbon Film?
- Cut a small piece of fiber film.
- Apply masking tape on the side of carbon fiber film so that it does not curl away in floating water.
- Gently place the fiber film on water.
- Spray a thin layer of activator.
You are ready to dip in your object!
- The size of the fiber film cutting should not be very large as it would not fit in the tub otherwise.
- Place the film on the surface of 89-90 degrees.
- When you are placing the fiber film in water, make sure that you place the matte side of the film upwards. Likewise, the shiny side should face down.
- Once you place the fiber film, make sure that there is no air trapped between the film and water.
- Do not hurry! Let the fiber film soak in for about 60 seconds before you spray the activator.
- When spraying the activator, cover your mouth or do this step in a ventilated area so that you do not breathe in this spray.
- When dipping the object, keep in mind to dip at an angle of 45 degrees.
If you need any carbon hydro dip services for your business, Assemco has an extensive range of the most creative high-quality carbon fiber hydro dip films, featuring different weave patterns, colors, and sizes for your business.