Hydro dipping (also known as immersion printing, water transfer printing and hydro imaging ) is a unique process that allows you to apply graphics to almost any three-dimensional object. This process has been used for years in the auto industry along with many other fields.
Hydro dipping, also referred to as Hydro graphics, immersion printing, hydro imaging, hydro printing, and water transfer printing, among others, is a process that involves applying graphics to almost any three-dimensional object.
How to Hydro Dip: Easy steps to Follow
Let’s go over a breakdown of the materials you will need and the steps you have to follow, for successfully hydro dipping almost anything. Hydro Dip Australia, Assemco is one of the best company who provides best hydro dipping service in Australia.
- Your product to be hydro dipped, for example, we have taken a jar.
- Your choice of colors of spray paint.
- A deep bucket or tub.
- Note: It should be deep enough to dip the entire object in; we recommend using a five-gallon bucket or tub.
- A utensil used to stir and mix the paint together; our pro tip is to use a flathead screwdriver (it works wonders!)
- Disposable latex gloves
- Wire cutters (optional)
Step by step instructions:
Preparation: Begin your process by carefully preparing the surface of the product for the hydrographic image to stay on. Make sure you clean any scruff that may be on the product to be hydro tipped. If it is an electronic device, remember to first take it apart and only dip the shell without the electronics.
- Base Coat: Apply an adequate layer of adhesion paint to the object. Add either a base coating or primer, depending on the product.
- Film: Use high-quality inks to print the graphics onto a water-soluble PVA film.
- Dipping: Apply the hydrographic film to the product, and an activator to turn the film ink into the liquid, enabling the film to stick to the product. Dip the product into the water so that the surface tension of the water presses the film against the product surface.
- Washing & Drying: Wash the product to remove any dirt and let it dry.
- Coating & Polishing: Once the part is dry, we recommend applying a clear coating to protect the graphics. Polish it to get a fine finish.
Providing an unmatched custom high-quality commercial level hydro dipping service, Assemco – the one-stop outsourcing solutions for all your business needs – will ensure that your hydro dipping project gets done in record time and exactly according to your requirements.